The musical acrobatics of a disatuning couple
- With: Ferdinando D’Andria e Maila Sparapani
- Artistic collaboration: Marta Dalla Via, Carlo Boso
- Sound and light design: Federico Cibin
- Scenography: Ferdinando D’Andria, Studio Sossai
- Directed by: Luca Domenicali
- International adaptation: Adrian Schvarzstein
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Recommended to: tout public
- Circus techniques: juggling, trapeze, aerial silk
- Musical instruments used: piano, double bass, violin-trumpet, trumpet, harp, electric guitar, tubular bells, cello, accordion, euphonium, various percussion
- Production: Compagnia Nando e Maila ETS
- Support of: Ministero della Cultura e la Regione Emilia Romagna
“Often the most interesting things are the craziest” F. Fellini
Sconcerto d’amore is a show-concert, full of gags, aerial acrobatics, musical juggling and sound virtuosity. Nando e Maila are an artist couple: he is an eclectic musician and she is an acrobat musician. They always agree to disagree, on stage as well as in real life. So, how can you break the humdrum life of a couple when the music, althought rich in variations on the theme, always comes down to the same old song? Well, seize the day! Suddenly, another actor joins the couple: an unwary spectator will became the object of Maila’s desire, while Nando will be the driving force to woo Maila. This Italian Commedia, switching from rock to music of 70-80s, from classical music to opera, will lead the audience through a roller coaster of emotions, until all the disharmony dissolves into harmony to the upmost joy of the audience. Nando and Maila also bet that they will become musicians of the impossible by transforming the self-supporting structure holding the trapeze and the aerial fabrics into an unexpected symphonic orchestra. The surprising stage will transform into drums, double bass, cello, harp and bells, which together with classical instruments such as trumpet, barytone, accordion, violin, flutes, cymbals and electric guitar create a magic athmosphere and define a most unusual world of sound. This show is suitable for all ages and can be performed both outdoors and indoors.
Read the Technical Rider
- The show is representable indoor (theatre, auditorium, etc.) or open air (square, courtyard).
- The company has a self-supporting structure that requires a stage or a flat performing area of 8 x 8 meters and a 5,10 meters minimum height over the stage. In case of different dimension or not perfectly flat show area (grass, stones etc.) please contact the company. In case the show will be represented on a stage we need an access by a frontal staircase (possibly in the middle). In case of representation open air by night we recommend to turn off the public illumination over the stage area.
- In the case of open air show especially without stage, if it’s possible, the company requires some barriers to delimit the show area.
- We recommend (if it’s possible) to put chairs and/or carpets to accomodate the audience to watch the show.
- For the best result of the show, we recommend too (if it’s possible) to don’t place the show in a notoriously very windy zone and on a very hot sunny performing time.
- Above all the company reserves the right to assess on site whether the safety and weather conditions are suitable for the performance of the show.
The company has own light and sound equipment that requires two power plug 220V/16A CEE on two different phases or 380V/16-32A CEE (power charge 4 Kw). The company needs an access near the stage area for a camping-car (length 6,90 m. / width 2,30 m. / height 3,10 m.).
The company use a fog machine, therefore in case of indoor show the host needs to turn off the fireproof alarm during the show.
The company will begin assembling about 6 hours before the show time, included the time for the sound check. The dismantling time is approximately 2 hours. Please note that we need to do the sound check (maximum duration estimated 1 hour) so pay attention by planning other shows in the same area.
Read the Press Review
Il Giornale di Vicenza
Schio (VI), 17 July 2020
The dazzling love between Nando and Maila is a tender, bewildering concert
DNA Saverne Sarre Union
Saverne (French), Mon 3 Juin 2015
Variation of pleasures
Cracow (Poland), 10/13 July 2014
“Sconcerto d’amore – Compagnia Nando e Maila (Wlochy)”
Saturday 5 July 2014
Let’s experience love, Italian style, in Clisson
La Vache déchainée
Monday 26 August 2013
A concert-spectacle dedicated to all lovers
Carloforte (CA), 3 September 2010
Cinderella lives here now