Tunes for tubes
Arias of classical music for unusual instruments
- With: Ferdinando D’Andria e Maila Sparapani
- Artistic collaboration: Marta Dalla Via, Federico Cibin
- Sound and light design: Federico Cibin
- Scenography: Ferdinando D’Andria
- Contribution to circus games and acrobatics: Riccardo Massidda, Gaby Corbo
- Artistic residences: Festival Mirabilia, Teatro dell’Argine, CLAPS
- International residence: Eje Producciones culturales (Leòn – Spagna)
- Duration: 60 minuti
- Adapt for: Tout Public (all ages)
- Circus techniques: Chines pole, Acrobatic, Juggling
- Musical instrumens: double bass tube, cello tube, violin, Mini-tube, sax club, diabolo-phono, hula-hoop horn, amplified chinese pole
- Producer: Compagnia Nando e Maila ETS
- With the support of: Ministero per i Beni e le Attività Culturali
Concert for tubes and more. Unusual music or a new kind of circus? Musicians play well-known pieces from the classical repertoire, with simple plastic tubes. The circus feeds the madness of the characters in counterpoint to sonorous Hula hoops, juggling clubs that become saxophones and musical diabolos. Sonata for Tubes explores the musical possibilities of circus props, which through modifications and the use of technology, become true musical instruments. “Everything we touch or do emits a sound: the circus props, the stage, and ourselves.” The musical clown fuses circus action with live music, through a universal language accessible to audiences of all ages.
Read the Technical Reider
- The show is representable indoor (theatre, auditorium, etc.) or open air (square, courtyard).
- The company has a self-supporting structure that requires a stage or a flat performing area of 8 x 8 meters and a 5,70 meters minimum height over the stage. In case of different dimension or not perfectly flat show area (grass, stones etc.) please contact the company. In case the show will be represented on a stage we need an access by a frontal staircase (possibly in the middle). In case of representation open air by night we recommend to turn off the public illumination over the stage area.
- In the case of open air show especially without stage, if it’s possible, the company requires some barriers to delimit the show area.
- We recommend (if it’s possible) to put chairs and/or carpets to accomodate the audience to watch the show.
- For the best result of the show, we recommend too (if it’s possible) to don’t place the show in a notoriously very windy zone and on a very hot sunny performing time.
- Above all the company reserves the right to assess on site whether the safety and weather conditions are suitable for the performance of the show.
The company has own light and sound equipment that requires two power plug 220V/16A CEE on two different phases or 380V/16-32A CEE (power charge 4 Kw). The company needs an access near the stage area for a camping-car (length 6,90 m. / width 2,30 m. / height 3,10 m.).
The company use a fog machine, therefore in case of indoor show the host needs to turn off the fireproof alarm during the show.
The company will begin assembling about 6 hours before the show time, included the time for the sound check. The dismantling time is approximately 2 hours. Please note that we need to do the sound check (maximum duration estimated 1 hour) so pay attention by planning other shows in the same area.