The Russian circus as you have never seen!
- With: Ferdinando D’Andria e Maila Sparapani
- Directed by: Luca Domenicali
- International adaptation: Adrian Schvarzstein
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Recommended to: Tout Public
- Circus techniques: Giocoleria, Monociclo, Trapezio, Tessuti Aerei
- Musical instruments used: Fisarmonica, Violino, Percussioni, Tromba, Balalaika, Contrabbasso
- Production: Compagnia Nando e Maila
KALINKA is a theater performance in which musical eclecticism and aerial acrobatics (trapeze, tissus) joins with games of extreme originality, gags, improvisation, comic spontaneity and carefully planned effects to create a work of extreme freshness and effect. Maskerpa, improbable presenter/theatrical manager and no less than vaudevillian con man/scoundrel, presents the self-styled Russian artist Maila Zirovna, who disinterestedly plays along with the scam… until, impetuously, their tedious fraud erupts bringing to life a rich gallery of characters, musical instruments, melodies, and eccentric gags. The number of musical instruments with which Nando and Maila use during the course of their performance is incredible: violin, trumpet, accordion, ciaramella, balalaika, tambourines of all sizes, percussion instruments of every type and prodigious use of the voice. But even more incredibly, all this is mixed together with numerous other trickery such as juggling, slight of hand, chairs, and monocycle, all of which whirl with perfection amongst music and song of every genre, and from every time and place. KALINKA is a performance warm and compelling but also poetic and refined in which the audience is asked to participate musically and comically.
Read the Technical Requirement
- The show is representable indoor (theatre, auditorium, etc.) or open air (square, courtyard).
- The company has a self-supporting structure that requires a stage or a flat performing area of 8 x 8 meters and a 5,10 meters minimum height over the stage. In case of different dimension or not perfectly flat show area (grass, stones etc.) please contact the company. In case the show will be represented on a stage we need an access by a frontal staircase (possibly in the middle). In case of representation open air by night we recommend to turn off the public illumination over the stage area.
- In the case of open air show especially without stage, if it’s possible, the company requires some barriers to delimit the show area.
- We recommend (if it’s possible) to put chairs and/or carpets to accomodate the audience to watch the show.
- For the best result of the show, we recommend too (if it’s possible) to don’t place the show in a notoriously very windy zone and on a very hot sunny performing time.
The company has own light and sound equipment that requires two power plug 220V/16A CEE on two different phases or 380V/16-32A CEE (power charge 4 Kw). The company needs an access near the stage area for a camping-car (length 6,90 m. / width 2,30 m. / height 3,10 m.).
The company use a fog machine, therefore in case of indoor show the host needs to turn off the fireproof alarm during the show.
The company will begin assembling about 6 hours before the show time, included the time for the sound check. The dismantling time is approximately 2 hours. Please note that we need to do the sound check (maximum duration estimated 1 hour) so pay attention by planning other shows in the same area.
Read the Press Review
La Libertà (quotidiano di Piacenza)
Vigolzone (PC), 25 Agosto 2015
“Nando e Maila: circo, teatro e ironia. Lultimaprovincia: a Vigolzone acrobazie, divertenti gag e canzoni…”
Molfetta (BA), 30 Maggio 2011
“Nando e Maila costituiscono una coppia bene assortita e che ha del felliniano; a parte invertite, avendo a mente ‘La strada’, potrebbero essere lui Gelsomina e lei lo Zampanò della situazione.”
La Nuova Gazzetta di Modena
Pavullo nel Frignano (MO), 11 Agosto 2010
“Nando e Maila: un successone a Pavullo…”
La Nuova Sardegna
Irgoli (NU), 17 Settembre 2009
“Irgoli, il teatro scende in strada…”
Pont L’Abbe, Lundi 26 Janvier 2009
“Nando et Maila ont d’abord fait le cirque…”
Avignone, Jeudi 17 Juillet 2008
“Théâtre sans frontières…”
La Libertà (quotidiano di Piacenza)
Fiorenzuola, Domenica 28 Agosto 2005, Rassegna “L’ultima provincia”
“Al buffo circo di Nando e Maila. Gags accompagnate da musiche di tutto il mondo…”
L’Eco di Bergamo (quotidiano di Bergamo)
Parco Sant’Agostino, Bergamo 11 Agosto, 2005
“Nando e Maila, che cabaret. «Vanjuska Moj» ha concluso nel segno di comicità e clownerie la rassegna «Eccentrici»…”
Il Resto del Carlino
Modena, 12 Maggio 2005: FESTIVAL “Il Cabaret Emergente”
“Che fatica fare il comico. E ora vince l’acrobazia. Sul podio anche Nando e Maila (attori musicisti bolognesi)…”
Welfare Cremona: punto laico di informazione e di impegno sociale
Festa Unità 2004, Cremona 14 Luglio, 2004
“Nando e Maila in una serata a Babylonia. Musicisti dalle mille abilità strumentali…”